Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

Beer of the Week - Grand Teton Sweetgrass APA

Yeah, trying to get back to at least a Beer of the Week post weekly, AND I really do have a review of Two Brothers' Pillar of Salt on the way, it's just on a piece of paper in a place that I'm rarely at, namely, my storage unit. Oops.

Grand Teton's Sweetgrass APA becomes this weeks Beer of the Week by a new rule...if I try a beer on Friday and then run into it at a different bar on Saturday, and I actually do the very un-OMG like thing of ordering it again, clearly it's a winner. I don't normally drink the same beer twice. There's enough malt in this 2009 GABF gold medal winner for a sensitive beer drinker to not mistake this for an IPA, though frankly, it's on that border (BJCP guidelines, it falls into both). If you get access to a bottle of it, pour it in a glass, it really benefits from opening up. I'd like to get my hands on their Teton Ale and compare the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment