Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Summer Beervana #4 - Clown Shoes Hoppy Feet Black IPA

Clown Shoes. They're big and colorful? I'm not sure how I'm going to analogize the brand name to the fantastic beer made by Mercury Brewing under this label. Nor can I say much of anything about the name "Hoppy Feet." I mean, that's kind of gross, who wants to think of feet when they drink beer, but I make a clone called Gumball Toe. Hoppy Feet Black IPA is not quite as black as the time implies, with some reddish highlights. Crazy complex aroma of pine and citrus on top of roasted grains and according to the Beer Advocate Alstrom Brothers review, brownie batter. Sounds delicious right? Hoppy Feet leans bitter, but the hops aren't offensively aggressive, and there's definitely some nice dark flavors underneath the burst of hops that hits first. Great beer for rock n roll (which is why this is just a beervana post, and not a full review).

No comments:

Post a Comment